Saturday, July 9, 2011

How to find web resources for my classroom

I usually find resources for my classroom socially. There are wikis and forums related to the classes I teach (such as the OCC) which contain a lot of resources for the MYP/DP classroom. Due to the specifics of either program, most of the resources available online are not necessarily aligned with the expectations of my classroom. For this reason, I tend to get inspired by the work I find on the web, and then develop my own.

Delicious is also an interesting tool for finding specific materials, or materials that fit a particular set of criteria, as it occurs in the MYP, or curriculum expectations, as it occurs in the DP. Many IB and MYP teachers are also sharing their resources through Delicious, which makes it another valuable source of inspiration and classroom activities, one that I plan on using more often.

1 comment:

  1. I agree these are great sources, and they also aid networking that continues to feed inspiration. Delicious is great - I've wavered back and forth over the years between it and Diigo though.

    ReplyDelete