Twitter: @ted4schools and @ensint
Youtube: a channel with tutorials and videos for students (in progress)
OCC: the online community within the IBO website
IB Biology wiki
Blogs: ted4schools and EnsinoInternacional.com
Facebook: The International School Teacher
Skype with other science teachers and educators
Delicious account (starting it up...)
Because I can quickly find what I am looking for, I currently feel it's more productive to actively seek out information rather than 'program' my PNL to deliver it for me. I tend to stay connected through the above means more as a way of being inspired my random thoughts/projects/ideas than expecting a topic I'm particularly interested in at the moment to appear.
For me a PLN is more a filter that helps me tap into the zeitgeist of current ideas in education reform, learning theory, educational technology, and cognitive science. I used to think I had to read everything that came my way, but with the advent of social media such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and now Google+, information overwhelm (infowhelm) allows me to take a little more a spectator view. If something big is going on that is considered enduring, it's bound to make it to me through a number of conduits soon enough.
ReplyDelete