Sunday, July 10, 2011

The internet as the birthplace of information

Seeing I was cooking...


2 comments:

  1. You've really wired our students into the world wide web of collaboration, it really is a lot of work, I know. Do you have any thoughts on how our students can be more autonomous in this regard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it comes with maturity. As students develop and find/settle/invest in specific interests, they tend to naturally find these virtual workspaces that people contribute to. Hopefully, and this is where I like to focus when 'teaching through technology', students are able to transfer the ability to participate on a wiki and other collaborative tools (as they did in class) to whatever their interest demands of them. People say 'this generation' picks up new technologies like no one's business. I have my doubts, so I also like to address the frustration and the learning curve when learning a new tool.

    ReplyDelete